Tuesday 22 November 2011

Baby, it's cold outside

Winter coats. Everyone should have one by now. Don't be like my friend and wear a leather jacket with a shawl covering you! But to me it's not as simple as going into Topshop and trying it on on the shop floor and buying it; no, no, no! You're in this coat for a few good months and apart from your shoes and bag that is all that people will see, so I want to make an expression. Also I can't be seen in what someone else's mum is wearing (I don't want to be a twin).

This often means (unfortunately?) designer. Pricey but if you want quality, I've found out it's the only way to go. Don't get me wrong I tried high street but it is full of styles that don't appeal to or suit me, the fabrics are getting thinner [FACT] or they were pointless. Example A below

                                                   (Picture: Zara.com)

This isn't my style but where are the buttons?!! Am i supposed to hold it down with my arms? A belt is not always practical and can spoil the look so no Zara, I can't do that. Practicality over fashion this time until I saw this…

(Picture: Pyrus)

You know when harps are playing and angels are singing? Yeah, that's what happened when I saw this masterpiece. Smart enough for work but the leather made it casual enough for weekends and, most importantly, it has buttons! It's from Pyrus (I've never heard of them before either) and you will have to go to the website Pyrus- London to look at the price as I'm afraid to put it on here… (Don't judge me).




1 comment:

  1. The legendary Pyrus coat! I sort of like the Zara coat too, unfortunately impractical appeals to me! x

    ReplyDelete