Thursday 24 November 2011

Random...


Separately she and I used to work in Office together  and the other guy I don’t know but together Tracey Duodu and Tom Barber make up the 14th. I’ve noticed status updates on my Facebook (the odd occasion I logged in) but never went that bit further to click ‘listen’ but when given the chance to hear them live at the Hoxton Bar and Kitchen (who knew they had a separate ’club’ called Gold Dust inside?) I thought why not? 

This night showcased other acts such as Solomon & Finder (great lead singer) and Finlay (not so great lead singer) and they saved the best till last in my honest opinion. The 14th had the biggest crowd and fans already knowing the track list and they didn't disappoint. It was weird to think the last time I saw her she was serving UGGS and now she was dominating the stage like a pro.

Excuse the iPhone pic

Their MySpace page describe their music as soul/ tropical (??) but personally I think its sounds like old skool UK garage before everyone started jumping on it (pretty much how dance music is being used and abused now). They’re getting air play on Radio 1 and you can’t get bigger than that, check them out

14th

Feature in the METRO


No comments:

Post a Comment