Thursday 15 December 2011

Pop Up Mall?


Yep, you've read right and it's in Shoreditch but you wouldn't guess that from the word 'mall' but I guess 'pop up shopping centre' wouldn't have the same ring to it. I wasn't even aware that there was such a thing until it was pointed out to me (thanks Olga) but on its officially website, it describes the pop up mall as a 'home to more than sixty carefully chosen fashion, arts and lifestyle brands. BOXPARK is a retail revolution...' This is not totally for high street brands (but Levis is there) but also a way to get independant designers and artists to the masses. 





Is this the way forward? We've had pop up shops but malls? Firstly the word 'mall' will never catch on in the UK and you can't say it without sounding like your mimicking someone from 'the Valley'. To be honest I can see this happening more in the future as this will be a easier way to take fashion, art etc. all over the world for lower costs.

1 comment:

  1. Olga tried to get me to blog about this too...she is an inspiration! I'll be interested to see what this place is like, pop up shops are a clever concept & I've never heard of a pop up mall before either xx

    ReplyDelete